Our Vision and Mission
Peppercorn provides services directly to people in the Hawkesbury local government area and surrounding areas by:
- Operating a community transport service for frail older people, people who are transport disadvantaged, vulnerable people, financially disadvantaged, and people who are at risk of social and geographic isolation in rural and remote areas of the Hawkesbury local government area.
- Providing social and in-home support services to frail aged people.
- Assisting vulnerable at-risk families who, for whatever reason, may find it difficult to keep their children safe; or who are encountering unemployment, poverty, addiction or drug abuse, violence, mental health issues, or homelessness.
- Providing early childhood education and care services for families who are at risk of social, economic and geographic isolation in rural and remote areas of the Hawkesbury local government area.
- Developing and implementing community development and capacity building programs for children and families who are at risk of social, economic and geographic isolation in the Hawkesbury local government area.
- Providing services for people with disabilities requiring support to remain at home and engaged with the community.
To achieve these objectives, Peppercorn formed its Vision and Mission as:
Our Vision: A connected, healthy and inclusive Hawkesbury
Our Mission: Reducing social isolation, maximising participation
Peppercorn’s Vision and Mission reflect the key intent for Community in Hawkesbury City Council’s Community Strategic Plan: “Partner with our community and key service providers to deliver outcomes that support a connected, healthy and inclusive community.”
Peppercorn’s activities are then aligned with its strategic Plan which establishes these outcomes:
- We will build stronger, inclusive and cohesive communities
- We will provide flexible services that adapt to changing community needs
- We will encourage participation in community, cultural and civic life
- We will support access and equity to services that strengthen wellbeing
Our Strategic Plan is accompanied by an Operational Plan, which details the performance outcomes to be achieved across Peppercorn Services programs.
Send us an email
For more information